The most common back pain experienced by many people is low back pain left side. Back pain can be uncomfortable, irritating and hinders your job thus you need immediate solution for it. Once you experience such, you need to have it treated immediately. Low back pain left side is also often referred to as a non-specific back pain as it can be due to a lot of factors. This is primarily the reason why experts find it hard to diagnose lower back pain left side as it can be attributed to so many things. Here are some of the most common reasons why people develop such back pain and what you can do to prevent it from occurring.
Most Common Causes of Lower Back Pain Left Side
• Musculo-skeletal problems are the primary reasons experts look into for developing low back pain left side as it is the most common reason that results in such back pain. If you suddenly feel your lower back hurting after doing heavy and strenuous activities it is most likely that your back pain is due to musculo-skeletal problems. This can easily be treated with a hot compress, rest and some over-the-counter analgesics.
• Having kidney stones is also a main reason why people experience left side lower back pain. If you experience lower back pain and observe blood in your urine as well as difficulty in urinating it could probably be that you have kidney stones. Consult with your doctor immediately when you observe such incidences.
• Intestinal problems are also causes that experts look into if you experience lower back pain left side after eating certain foods accompanied by episodes of diarrhea and vomiting.
• Arthritis or any inflammation in your joints can also be a cause of lower back pains on your left side. This can easily be treated with some rest, exercises or rehabilitative movements and some medication to ease the pain and control the inflammation.
Exercises to Prevent and Relieve Lower Back Pain Left Side
• Stretching is one of the most basic and effective exercises to treat your low back pain left side. But you need to keep in mind that you need to do this in moderation and not overstretch your body. Overstretching will only aggravate the pain and can even tear your muscles. Do it to an extent only that you can manage.
• Cat stretches is an easy exercise manage your back pain. Facing the ground, keep your palms and feet on the ground as well. Slowly raise your body forming a hump on your back. Look at your navel and keep this position for about 30 seconds. Lay flat on the ground again and do it on the other side. Facing the ceiling with your palms and feet on the ground slowly raise your body so that you form a U-shape at your back. Relax your head letting it hang comfortably and keep this position for 30 seconds as well. Then, slowly lower your body and return to your lying position. Do these alternately for about 3 to 5 times each.
Low back pain left side may be caused by many different things but it only takes some exercise, medication and proper care to relieve you of it.